The audiology service is run closely with our ear, nose and throat colleagues within the West Suffolk area. Our audiologists carry out a range of tests on adults and children to determine the presence, nature and extent of hearing loss, enabling accurate clinical diagnosis in a range of hearing related conditions.
- All basic audiometry and tympanometry open to all GP surgeries
- Full clinical audiometry service
- Neonatal hearing screening services
- Evoked potential audiometry
- Direct referral hearing aid and request service (open to all GP surgeries)
- Full hearing aid service for adults and children
- All hearing aid servicing and re-assessments are by appointment only
- Postal service for batteries and repairs
- Paediatric hearing assessment (birth - 18 years of age) including; auditory brainstem response (ABR), otoacoustic emissions (OAEs), visual reinforcement audiometry (VRA), performance and play audiometry, pure tone audiometry (air and bone conduction and masking), speech testing and tympanometry.
Contact the team
Audiology appointments: 01284 713507 - phone line open between 10:00am -11:30am and 1:30pm - 3:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Please state your name, contact details and concern in the email and a response will occur within seven working days
The audiology department can be found in the main outpatients department in West Suffolk Hospital. All patients with audiology appointments please check in at reception B.
The service is accessible to wheelchairs and pushchairs with wide doorways and ramps into clinic rooms.