Your views matter
Our award-winning hospital is committed to delivering safe, high quality and personal care to our patients and community.
Providing patients and their loved ones with kind, compassionate care is at the heart of our culture and we always welcome feedback or suggestions you may have about what we are doing well or how things could be improved. Whether you wish to make a suggestion, or would like to get involved with activities and decisions about the hospital as a ‘patient representative’, the patient experience team would love to hear from you.
Some exciting things you can get involved in:
- Be a mystery shopper and anonymously review your next visit to the hospital with the help of our mystery shopper pack
- Become a ‘patient representative’ and act as a voice for our patients in making changes that matter most
- Join our patient reader panel and review our patient information leaflets to make sure our documentation is clear to our service users
- Undertake patient surveys across the hospital, which ask our patients and their relatives about their experience here
- Tell us your ‘patient story’ – if you had a particularly prominent visit or stay at West Suffolk Hospital (whether we did a wonderful job, things didn’t go as we would hope or you had a mixed experience), please help our staff to understand how this made you feel by telling your story. You will be interviewed in the comfort of your own home by a member of our patient experience team and a short video will be made to convey your story, which you will be fully involved in and will give consent to. We believe these videos will be extremely powerful for staff training purposes and by taking part you will help to improve the care our staff provide.
Read about our experience of care strategy here.
We work closely with independent organisation Healthwatch Suffolk to understand more about what is working well for our patients and what could be improved. Feeding back is easy, it only takes a moment and you can be anonymous.
You can also use their website to find and feedback about other NHS or social care services in your local area. Your comments will be used by Healthwatch Suffolk to shape, influence and improve local care.
You can contact the Healthwatch Suffolk team on 0800 448 8234 or via their website to share your experiences.
Need support with your health, care or wellbeing?
Healthwatch Suffolk offer a free information and signposting service. They can help you to find your way to local services and support, including information about how to make a complaint to a health or social care service.
You can contact the Healthwatch Suffolk team on 0800 448 8234.
Maternity Voices – Your Voice Matters feedback
Please take a look at the Maternity Voices website and the ways in which you can provide feedback on your experience to them.